The National Commission of Minimum Wages (CONASAMI), and the Secretary of Labor have officially announced the approval of an increase to the minimum wage in Mexico of 22% effective on January 1, 2022.
Last Wednesday, December 1st, the federal government, representatives of the labor sector, and employers organizations announced a 22% increase to the minimum wage in Mexico.
- The minimum wage applicable to the Northern Border Free Zone of $213.39 increases to $260.34.
- The rest of the country’s current minimum salary of $141.70 will increase to $172.87.
- Both salary increases include a tripartite agreement of a 9% increase plus an Independent Recovery Amount (MIR) in both zones.
- The general percentage increase for both General and Professional Minimum Wages is 22%.
- Salary increase on minimum wages are effective on January 1, 2022.
Contact us for detailed information.
If you need support with your new strategies, we can help you. Read more about our Business Continuity solutions here.
We are experts in manufacturing solutions. We pride ourselves in a shared clarity of mind and a multidisciplinary approach for reaching the correct strategic decisions to whatever situation our clients invite us to collaborate in. From start up and shelter operations to consulting and advisory insights, market intelligence, and execution of complex projects across the world, we offer the right mix of team experts, know-how, and local skills to solve even the most demanding tasks. We can be your strategic partner for your manufacturing project in Mexico and North America. With boots on the ground on manufacturing footprint, we provide end-to-end solutions and successful results.